Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) is used for hard-to-heal wounds. HBOT surrounds patients with 100% oxygen in a comfortable, pressurized chamber, enhancing blood flow and oxygen delivery to vital organs. HBOT promotes healing through increasing blood supply, reducing bacteria and providing nutrients to the wounded area.
Benefits of HBOT:
- Enhanced white blood cell action
- Improved blood flow to areas with arterial blockage
- Increased oxygen concentration in all body tissues
- Increased production of the body’s natural antioxidants
- Dilation of the arteries and blood vessels, and improved blood flow to affected organs
- Stimulated growth of new blood vessels to locations with reduced circulation
Wounds that may benefit from HBOT include:
- Bone infections
- Complicated surgical wounds
- Diabetic wounds
- Radiation injury to bone or soft tissue
- Wounds resulting from local trauma
Related Services and Conditions
There’s no longer any reason to live with a non-healing wound. With our caring staff and specialized treatment plans developed just for you, we have what you need to get back on your feet again. Most treatments are covered by Medicare/Medicaid, HMO’s, and other...
If you’re living with diabetes, you may be prone to foot problems—including frequent wounds. Getting immediate care for this issue is crucial to preventing or stopping infection and other serious complications, including limb loss. At Forrest City Medical Center, we...