End of Year Savings
We understand the end of the year is a very hectic time. But while we look forward to the new, let’s also take stock of how we can improve today — and save!
At Forrest City Medical Center we encourage you to take some time for yourself. Doing so could not only benefit your health, it could even get you more out of your money!
Five Reasons You Should Take Time for Your Health Before December 31.
Reason 1: If you have an FSA account, don’t let this money go to waste! Schedule your procedures to be completed prior to year-end for this year’s FSA eligibility.
Reason 2: If you need some kind of procedure, or if you’ve been considering some kind of elective surgery, you can recover during your time off over the holidays.
Reason 3: If you’ve met your health insurance deductible, take advantage of that fact. Remember, January 1 you start back at zero!
Reason 4: Physician offices aren’t as busy during November and December so you’re more likely to get an appointment quickly.
Reason 5: Putting off seeing a doctor or having a procedure just isn’t smart. Your good health is a present you give yourself and your loved ones. And in a season of giving, time and health are the greatest gifts.
Suggestions for end-of-year savings:
- Annual physical
- Have you had one in 2022? Make an appointment with a primary care provider.
- Men and women over 50 should have one every 10 years. To schedule a screening close to home call 870-735-3664.
- Gallbladder surgery
- Does everything you eat cause pain? To schedule an appointment call 870-735-3664.
- Hernia repair
- Abdominal Pain is nothing to ignore or put off for later. To schedule an appointment call 870-735-3664.
- Mole Removal, Lumps and Bumps
- Whether for medical or cosmetic reasons, annual screenings can help prevent a little bump from becoming a big problem. To schedule an appointment call 870-735-3664.
- Been putting off a screening MRI or CT scan? Use up that FSA before the end of the year.
- Screening mammogram
- Have you had yours this year?
- Sleep Study
- Because untreated sleep disorders have been linked to hypertension, heart disease, stroke, depression, diabetes and other chronic diseases.
Related Services and Conditions
At Forrest City Medical Center, diagnostic imaging is used to create a graphic depiction of the structures and functions of the body’s organs and other internal systems. These images are used to examine and diagnose certain medical conditions. The radiology department…
Osteoporosis means, literally, “porous bones”, and is a debilitating disease that can lead to bone fracture. More than 52 million Americans have low bone density and are at risk for osteoporosis – 80% are women. Bone Density CT Scan is an advanced test available for…
More than 200,000 new cases of breast cancer are discovered in the U.S. each year. At Forrest City Medical Center, we know the value of early detection and mammography is a tool we use to identify potential issues. An x-ray of the breast, mammography is used to look…
Forrest City Medical Center uses ultrasound as a painless, non-invasive way to diagnose a variety of diseases and conditions without the use of radiation, making this a widely used procedure during pregnancy. Sometimes called sonography, ultrasounds bounce…
Healthcare pricing can be confusing. To simplify things, we offer a pre-pay pricing program for those in the Forrest City community who might not have insurance. It’s called Simple + Price and it covers most common imaging and lab tests. The Simple + Price plan offers…